As expected, Warlords of Draenor will be the next expansion for World of Warcraft, and it looks to be awesome. I went and read my reaction post to Mists of Pandaria because I seemed to recall that I wasn’t too keen on it, and indeed, other than the Hunter changes I was somewhat luke-warm about that announcement. I can tell you that is not the case with Warlords of Draenor. I’m stoked for it!
A lot of people thought that Burning Crusade was the best expansion. Now, I don’t know if that’s because of the features or the lore, or what, but a lot people really liked it. This is shaping up to be Burning Crusade 2.0. All the great lore of Burning Crusade combined with all of the great features and enhancements that have been introduced to the game since.
It’s only been day one of Blizzcon, but a lot has been revealed thus far. Here’s a quick list of what we can expect, and of course, we’ll have lots to say about it on the Saturday’s podcast.
- New world of Draenor with seven zones and one PvP zone.
- Level cap increased to 100.
- Build your personal Garrison (think farm, but way more awesome).
- A level 90 character upgrade.
- Six new dungeons and two new raids.
- New player character models.
- New Challenge modes.
- New Battlegrounds and World Bosses.
- New Normal and Heroic Scenarios.
- New class talents and permanent ability bonuses.
- New flexible raid formats
- Raid Finder (10-25)
- Normal (10-25)
- Heroic (10-25)
- Mythic (20)
There’s a lot to digest here and a lot more information still to be revealed. I love what I’ve heard so far and all I can say is – I CAN HAZ BETA NOW!?