If you weren’t excited about Warlords of Draenor before, the you should be now. Blizzard released another kick-ass video and a handy FAQ.
Last night a buddy of mine was asking me just these sorts of questions, so I figured it would be good to spread the word and re-post them here. But first you should watch the video. It’s terrific.
Warlords of Draenor Launch Times
I’ve seen a handful of questions with regards to what happens when Warlords of Draenor launches, so here’s a brief FAQ that should hopefully clear up questions.
When will the launch of the game happen for my time zone/region?
Warlords of Draenor will launch in:
- Europe at 12:00 a.m. CET on Thursday, November 13
- North America (US) at 12:00 a.m. PST (1:00 a.m. Mountain, 2:00 a.m. CST, 3:00 a.m. EST) on Thursday, November 13
- Oceanic will launch at the same time as the US.
- Korea at 12:00 a.m. KST on Tuesday, November 18
- Taiwan at 12:00 a.m. CST on Tuesday, November 18
- China at 12:00 a.m. CST on Tuesday, November 18
Don’t see the exact time listed for your area? Check out this handy Time Zone Converter.
How do I get to Draenor?
When the clock hits midnight (or whatever respective time zone you’re in), you’ll see the following things happen:
- A server message (yellow text in your chat window) will be displayed, signaling the launch of Warlords of Draenor!
- If you’ve already upgraded your account to Warlords of Draenor, a quest will popup in your quest log, directing you to the Blasted Lands. You do not need to be in a major city to receive this quest. If you haven’t upgraded your account, you won’t be able to receive the quest or venture in Draenor until you do.
- Once you get to Blasted Lands, speak to Khadgar outside the Dark Portal to head to Draenor!
- Note: you don’t need to be online at midnight to get the quest, it’ll be waiting for you whenever you do decide to login.
Do I need to install Warlords of Draenor or use the install disc?
If you’re already playing on retail realms, you have all the files you need to play Warlords of Draenor – no further downloads or installs are required. If you haven’t updated your WoW client to version 6.0.3 yet, you can either just run the Battle.net app to do so, or install the game using the Game Disc DVD (if you bought a Box Copy of Warlords of Draenor).
Do i need to logout at midnight before I start leveling?
Nope! If you’ve already upgraded your account to Warlords of Draenor, you won’t need to do anything! You can always double check your account status by logging into the Account Management page at https://us.battle.net/account/management/
What happens if I boost a character to level 90 after Warlords of Draenor launches?
- If you haven’t upgraded your account to Warlords of Draenor yet, your boosted character will be placed in Blasted Lands.
- If you’ve upgraded your account to Warlords of Draenor, boosted characters are placed directly in Tanaan Jungle.
If you have any other questions related to the launch of Warlords of Draenor, feel free to post them in this thread!