Blizzard updated the official patch notes for Warlords of Draenor. In addition to the talent changes that I discussed here there were a few other additions such as dispel protection for Black Arrow. Here are the new notes.
- Wyvern Sting now has a 1.5 second cast time.
- Cobra Strikes now has a 20% chance to trigger (up from a 15% chance), but now only grants 1 charge each time it triggers (down from 2 charges).
- Lock and Load’s effects have been incorporated into Black Arrow.
- Black Arrow’s cooldown is reset if it is dispelled.
- Thrill of the Hunt now has a 6% chance to trigger for every 10 Focus spent (instead of a flat 30% chance).
- Survivalist increases Multistrike damage by 20%, and causes the Hunter to gain 15% health over 10 seconds after killing a target.
- Barrage now has a 20 second cooldown (down from 30 seconds), costs 60 Focus (up from 30 Focus), and its damage has been increased by 100%.
- Murder of Crows has been changed. Its duration, cost, and cooldown have been reduced by 50%. It no longer has a shorter cooldown when used on low health targets. Instead, its cooldown is reset if the target dies.
- Fervor has been replaced with a new passive ability, Steady Focus.
Steady Focus increases Focus Regeneration by 50% for 10 seconds after using Cobra Shot or Steady Shot twice in a row, or after using Focusing Shot.
The dispel protection for Black Arrow was requested by many players, and I’m glad to see that the developers were able to get that in. They stated that at one point Survival was looking really strong in PvP. Hopefully this helps it regain some of that status.
I guess having Wyvern Sting as an instant shot was too powerful in Warlords’ version of PvP? Dunno.
The Thrill of the Hunt change is interesting. Since it’s percentage based, the higher the Focus cost of the shot, the higher the chance for it to proc. Of course once it does proc, the Focus cost of your shots is reduced and thus the chance to continue proc’ing it while it’s active.
As I said in my previous post I think the change to Lock and Load is a good one. The update to Survivalist just means extra damage for Survival. That said, you’ll still be starving for Multistrike when patch 6.0 is released. Having some version of Haromm’s Talisman will help.
Beyond that, we’ll have to wait and see how this all plays out when it’s released in an upcoming build.
One thing is clear, Blizzard really wants there to be a reliance on talents to affect and dictate the core rotations of our specializations. More thoughts on that another time.