Happy New Year everyone! I’m one week into life with my new guild. I’ve seen new content, defeated new bosses, made new friends, and even gotten some new loot. It was a very good week, and I feel good about my decision to change guilds.
We cleared the first four bosses in ICC (25). Lady Deathwhisper, the Gunship, and Deathbringer Saurfang were all guild firsts. I suspect that Lady D will continue to give us fits. I’m not convinced that we’ve mastered the adds on this fight yet. The Gunship battle is just a fun fight, and was instant farm for us. Saurfang gave us all kinds of trouble, but I think we may have found something that works for us.
I also anticipate that we’ll get three new bosses this week. I haven’t spent a lot of time researching them, but as soon as I’m done with this post, I’m heading over to Tankspot. I can’t wait to get back into ICC this week.
We spent all of Wednesday evening wiping on Saurfang. Ten wipes in total. Sunday we dusted ourselves off and five attempts later I was watching Deathbringer’s Will go to someone other than me.
We watched the videos, read the various strats, and in the end, here’s what worked for us. The tanks dragged him off the steps and tanked him in the center of the room. This gave the raid ample room to spread out stay out of each other’s space. Instead of a semi-circle we made a full circle around him. It made handling the adds a little tougher, but it greatly reduced the Saurfang’s Blood Power gains from Blood Nova. It took him a lot longer to get his second mark than all of our previous attempts (we were still a long way off from getting I’ve Gone and Made a Mess).
I had my doubts that this would work, but it did.
New Gear I Got
New Gear I Didn’t Get
- Whispering Fanged Skull (I rolled a three).
- Zod’s Repeating Longbow (not enough DKP).
- Deathbringer’s Will (not enough DKP).
Ten Things I’m Thinking About
- I’m still at that point where I’m more excited about clearing content and less concerned about loot. I don’t expect that to last long.
- I finally started doing some gear planning. If you go for the four piece T10 bonus, there are some nice pieces of gear you won’t have 🙁
- The Hunter T10 pants look to be the worst of the set.
- I bought the T10 shoulders with emblems. This means they’ll probably be a drop off of the new VoA boss when he’s released.
- I’m probably going to get the T10 gloves next. This means they’ll also be a drop off of the new VoA boss, and he’ll be released shortly after I buy them.
- 5-man heroic trash is so irrelevant. Please don’t complain when I just choose to volley it down (the new 5-mans are excluded from this).
- Triumph Badges are a great source of epic gems. Too bad, I’m tired of running heroics.
- The same people on my realm continue to list the new ammo in 100 stacks at 1000 stack prices. I guess people must be buying it. /sigh.
- Gear scores are starting to climb, making it more and more irrelevant again.
- My new raid schedule conflicts with new season of Lost. I guess I’ll cross that bridge when I get there.