It’s here! The march to Icecrown Citadel is over and the march on Icecrown Citadel has begun. At least it will be once the servers come back up.
While I’m as excited as the next guy to logon and start hitting this new content, I also realize that this whole process is going to be somewhat of a long haul.
Here are some things I want but have to wait for.
- New Ammo
- It’s tied to the Ashen Verdict reputation and Engineers will need to have honored rep. to purchase the patterns.
- The patterns can be purchased for one Primordial Saronite (the new Crusader Orb).
- Primordial Saronite will drop from bosses in ICC or can be purchased for 23 Emblems of Frost.
- Even if you’re a raiding Engineer, don’t expect to see this in-game anytime soon.
- New Gear
- There’s a lot of great stuff available to us in this patch. Since this is the final patch before Cataclysm the itemization on everything is great (lots of red and yellow sockets, agility bonuses, and more of the stats we want and less of the stats we don’t want).
- It’s going to take time to get. The Ashen Verdict has rings for us once we have friendly rep. with them, but it looks like it could take while to get that reputation built up.
- The new badge gear is also going to take some time to get. First the items are more expensive and second there aren’t that many sources for getting Emblems of Frost.
- You’ll definitely want to do the random daily and the weekly raid quests to build up those badges.
Things you can do while the servers are down:
- Gear Planning
- MMO-Champion and Wowhead both have a nice list of the known Patch 3.3 gear.
- Femaledwarf.com also lists these new items so you can start plugging things in and seeing what are upgrades.
- There are lots of fun decisions to make. For instance, do we save badges and spend them on T10 (ilevel 251) or get badge gear (ilevel 264).
- Icecrown Citadel Raid Instance Study
- Over on the right-side I have a box titled Icecrown Citadel. There you will find information on the first four bosses released today.
Update your Addons
- The servers don’t have to be up and running for you to update your addons. You can save yourself some time starting this now.
Well that’s about it for now. With any luck we’ll have episode 16 of the Hunting Party Podcast out to you today.