Patch 3.1 is introducing a new tier of badges that will drop from 25-man Ulduar (Emblems of Conquest). So how will the new badges integrate with the old ones?
- Emblems of Conquest will only drop from 25-man Ulduar and will have an associated vendor.
- The Emblems of Conquest vendor will sell neck pieces, belts, gloves, leggings and two Tier 8.5 tokens
- Emblems of Valor will drop from 10-man Ulduar and the current 25-man dungeons.
- The Tier 8 that drops in 10-man ulduar will only be obtainable by defeating bosses. You will not be able to get 10-man T8 with badges.
- Sigils, Relics, Idols and Librams that drop from 25-man Naxx will be added to the Emblem of Valor vendor.
- The item level of gear in 10-man Ulduar will be slightly better than what’s available in 25-man Naxx.
So what does this all mean? It means that there is no new badge gear related to 10-man Ulduar. If you’re keen on getting geared up from Ulduar you’ll want to start running the 25-man version straight away (I’m pretty sure that’s what our guild is going to focus on).
That’s not to say that 10-man Ulduar isn’t worth running, the experience and practice alone is worthwhile. It’s just that if you’re already wearing current 25-man raid gear the rewards from 25-man Ulduar will be a much better initial investment of time and effort.
For more information on Emblems in patch 3.1 you can check out this FAQ posted on the European forums.