This week Blizzard announced a nice change to Valor points in 5.2. Specifically they are letting players carry over their existing valor in 5.2. With the patch now three weeks out it will be possible to reach the valor cap by the time the patch lands.
Given the ilevels on the new LFR and normal raid gear, you’ll be better off saving your valor rather than upgrading your current gear. A heroic weapon may be worth bumping up, but for the most part you’ll want to carry over all of your valor.
“Badges? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges. I don’t have to show you any stinking badges.”
- The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Patch 3.1 is introducing a new tier of badges that will drop from 25-man Ulduar (Emblems of Conquest). So how will the new badges integrate with the old ones?
- Emblems of Conquest will only drop from 25-man Ulduar and will have an associated vendor.
- The Emblems of Conquest vendor will sell neck pieces, belts, gloves, leggings and two Tier 8.5 tokens
- Emblems of Valor will drop from 10-man Ulduar and the current 25-man dungeons.
- The Tier 8 that drops in 10-man ulduar will only be obtainable by defeating bosses. You will not be able to get 10-man T8 with badges.
- Sigils, Relics, Idols and Librams that drop from 25-man Naxx will be added to the Emblem of Valor vendor.
- The item level of gear in 10-man Ulduar will be slightly better than what’s available in 25-man Naxx.
So what does this all mean? It means that there is no new badge gear related to 10-man Ulduar. If you’re keen on getting geared up from Ulduar you’ll want to start running the 25-man version straight away (I’m pretty sure that’s what our guild is going to focus on).
That’s not to say that 10-man Ulduar isn’t worth running, the experience and practice alone is worthwhile. It’s just that if you’re already wearing current 25-man raid gear the rewards from 25-man Ulduar will be a much better initial investment of time and effort.
For more information on Emblems in patch 3.1 you can check out this FAQ posted on the European forums.
Emblems Matrix for patch 3.1