Another raid week is in books (man these go by quick) so here is my weekly round-up of events and happenings in my little pond.
Our 25-man progression did its usually four-boss kill in ICC. We’re very close to having that first wing on farm status. In fact, we managed to get the I’ve Gone and Made a Mess (25) achievement. I guess we weren’t as far off from getting that as I thought. I still have some doubts about our strategy (post incoming at some point), but it has worked two weeks in a row now.
Clearing the first four bosses meant we got to spend some time on the new bosses. I was very optimistic about our chances, but we were shut-out by both Festergut and Rotface. We spent the majority of our time on Festergut.
The good news is that Festergut is a very simple fight for hunters. Just stay spread out, dps like mad, and get inoculated. That’s it. One thing to note is that all of the gas damage is shadow and not nature. Please refuse any and all requests to use Aspect of the Wild in this fight.
Also, the spore that appears over players’ heads is not a bomb. Please stop running away when you get this, it’s not helpful.
I’ve finally got enough DKP to cause some trouble. I don’t have enough to win anything, but I can influence the bidding and minimum buy out price on items (post incoming at some point).
Items I didn’t Get
- Zod’s Repeating Longbow (I don’t suppose it will drop three weeks in a row?)
- Snowserpent Mail Helm (don’t really need/want anyway).
- Protector’s Mark of Sanctification x2 (It doesn’t make the shoulders I’ve got. It’s makes the shoulders I’ve got better).
Items I did Get
- Reins of the Green Proto-Drake (finally).
I did the first four bosses in ICC (10) this week and absolutely nothing I could use dropped. It was abysmal.
Ten Things I’m Thinking About
- I did a Baron mount run for fun. No mount, but regular Stratholme feels more like going back in time than CoS does.
- I finished the week 500 rep. points short of revered for the Ashen Verdict. It was just that kind of week.
- We’re adding TotGC (25) to our raid schedule. I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
- A lot of people like to click accept on the calendar invite and then not show up. Weird.
- Rumor has it that Cataclysm Alpha is starting. That means somewhere out there is a hunter using focus. I’m scared.
- Our guild needs to clamp down on the ICC (10) alt. runs. It’s taking time and players away from completing main runs.
- My dungeon finder only seems capable of finding Halls of Stone.
- I’m giving MM another go.
- Things die so fast in heroics (even the bosses) that it’s not a great place to get used to MM.
- I want to go home now, so that’s number 10.