I didn’t get to logon until almost 9:30 pm. I don’t know why Drenden always seems to be one of the last realms to come online. But once the dust settled I did manage to run a heroic and take the car out for a drive. Here are my initial thoughts.
- I went with the 0/15/56 spec. I haven’t had a chance to get any of the new glyphs yet.
- I went with this spec for my wolf. I may reevaluate this (the talents, not the wolf).
- Survival seems a little crowded with shots. I guess if you trap danced it probably feels like business as usual, but if you didn’t you’ve not got another shot/cooldown to contend with.
- Black Arrow is nice, but it doesn’t seem to proc Lock and Load as often as it should. Maybe in a raid environment it will seem better. The fights in these heroics are too short to get a good assessment.
- I like not having the range restriction for Sniper Training. I also like not have to be in a certain range to fire Kill Shot.
- The wolf is nice, but I need to work on micro-managing his pet specials. I tried to macro Furious Howl with Kill Command and Call of the Wild. This works but Furious Howl is on a 40 sec. cooldown, Kill Command is on a minute cooldown, and Call of the Wild is on a 5 minute cooldown.
- Despite the changes to Explosive Shot, it seems to be doing more damage now than before.
I’m raiding tonight so hopefully I’ll have some comparative data to look at.